Chevron Shingle Oil
Chevron Shingle Oil is a straw colored, low viscosity oil designed for use as a shingle or shake dressing for shake roofs, wooden fencing, wood siding, and log homes.
- Chevron Shingle Oil penetrates the wood surface to enhance or replace natural oils and resins leached out by cyclical exposure to sun and rain.
- Improved appearance -Helps maintain the structural strength and stability of the wood by reducing cupping, cracking, and splitting caused by cyclical exposure to sun and rain.
- Prolonged useful life - Helps prolong wood's useful life by reducing the effects of weathering.
- Ability to retard aging - Helps absorb into the wood and improves the appearance of shake roofs, log homes, wood siding, and fencing.
- Chevron Shingle Oil may be applied by brushing or spraying. The typical application rate is 150-300 square feet per gallon. Application rate depends on the type of wood and the rate at which the oil saturates the wood.