Chevron Cetus DE Compressor Oils
Chevron Cetus DE oils are used for portable and stationary rotary screw, rotary vane, and reciprocating compressors.
- Long life - Cetus DE oils have a low sludge-forming tendency and a high solvency for deposits that help to keep compressor parts clean. Their ability to minimize oil consumption, carry over, varnish, sludge, and deposits; as well as maximize deposit-free valve life helps minimize compressor maintenance and energy costs.
- Ignition safety - Cetus DE oils provide a greater margin of safety than conventional petroleum products because their flash points, fire points, and auto ignition temperatures are much higher. They are not, however, true fire resistant fluids.
- Cetus DE oils are synthetic diester-based, oxidation resistant, compressor oils.
- These oils can be used in compressors with the following gases: process air, benzene, butadiene, carbon dioxide (dry), carbon monoxide, ethylene, furnace (crack) gas, helium, hydrocarbon gases, hydrogen, inert gases, methane, natural gas, nitrogen, propane, sulfur hexafluoride, and synthesis gas.
- Cetus DE oils can be used in contact with the following seals, paints, and plastics Viton, High nitrile Buna N, Teflon, Epoxy paint, Oil-resistant alkyd, Nylon, Delrin, Celcon
- These oils should not be used with Neoprene, SBR rubber, Low nitrile Buna N, Acrylic paint, Lacquer, Polystyrene, PVC, ABS
- Cetus DE 100 is approved by Matsubara Iron Works Co. Ltd, for use as a reciprocating air compressor lubricant, Tanabe Pneumatic Machinery Co. Ltd, for use in type H series reciprocating compressors.
- Cetus DE oils are registered by NSF and are acceptable as lubricants where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas.