Chevron Aries Lubricants
Chevron Aries lubricants have proven excellent in all air-operated tools, such as jackhammers and drifters. These oils meet the specifications of Ingersoll-Rand for light, medium, and heavy rock drill oils.
- Long equipment life - Extreme pressure performance withstands heavy shock loads typical of rock drill service, protecting the equipment against rapid wear.
- Reliability in wet conditions - Provides a tenacious film that clings to lubricated parts. Resists being washed away by trace water in the compressed air.
- Protection in wet environments - Antirust performance protects critical parts from the corrosive action of wet environments.
- Low inventory cost - A multipurpose lubricant that can be used for general purpose lubrication of gears, air tools, in hand oiling and for chain drives - minimizing the number of lubricants in inventory.
- They are formulated from highly refined, high viscosity index, paraffinic base stocks and additives, which provide performance characteristics expected of an exceptional rock drill oil.
- These oils also provide excellent rust and corrosion protection, which is important in light of the corrosive environments in which many rock drills are used.
- Aries lubricants contain no chlorinated additives and are completely ashless, minimizing environmental and disposal considerations.
- Additionally, since rock drills are frequently used in mining environments where ventilation is limited, the low odor and toxicity of these lubricants are added benefits.
- The additive package provides many performance characteristics, which lend themselves well to the lubrication of enclosed gears, and all types of industrial plain and anti-friction bearings as applicable to the proper viscosity grade.
- Their tacky quality makes them suitable for once through applications; e.g. lubrication of chain drives. Aries 46, 100, 150, 220 and 320 meet the specifications of Ingersoll-Rand Rock Drill Oil Specification for light, medium and heavy rock drill oils.