Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A
Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A is manufactured to be used broadly as a hydraulic medium in automotive and industrial equipment operating in unusually cold conditions such as the Alaska North Slope where conventional hydraulic oils are not suitable.
- Minimum viscosity change over a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Low pour point permits operation at low temperatures.
- Shear stability for long fluid life.
- Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A is manufactured from specially selected, highly refined, low viscosity and low pour point petroleum base stocks. It contains a shear resistant viscosity index improver, which provides an extremely high viscosity index. It also contains an antiwear agent and an oxidation inhibitor. It contains a red colored dye to hasten identification.
- The low viscosity of the base stock used in this fluid and combined with a shear stable viscosity index improver provides the extremely high viscosity index (300+) which is critical for a lubricant or hydraulic fluid operating over the broad temperature range of -54 degrees C to 60 degrees C (-65 degrees F to 140 degrees F).
- Since this is a conventional petroleum base stock, and not a synthetic, the low pour point is critical to minimize filter plugging. In addition, the antiwear additive and foam inhibitor help prevent pump cavitation and promote long pump and servo valve life.
- Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A is not recommended for any aviation applications. This product is designed for land use only. Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A can be used in hydraulic systems employing synthetic rubber packing and seals. It is not to be used in systems designed for castor oil alcohol base fluids.
- Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A is manufactured to be used broadly as a hydraulic medium in automotive and industrial equipment operating in unusually cold conditions.