Chevron Open Gear Grease
For open gears, wire ropes, cables; girth and pinion gears on rod and ball mills, rack and pinion gears on shovel dipsticks.
- Chevron Open Gear Grease is an open gear grease formulated with high viscosity mineral oils in a nonsoap-based thickener typically used in chain and open gear lubricant applications.
- Low environmental impact - Does not contain a diluent.
- Long equipment life - High film strength provides excellent antiwear protection to gear teeth under high, shock load conditions.
- Minimizes operating cost - Long lasting lubrication film minimizes frequency of repeated application and, therefore, overall volume of lubricant used.
- Reliability - The high dropping point, the molybdenum disulfide/graphite fillers, and the tackiness additive offer excellent protection against gear failure at elevated temperatures during severe operation.
- Flexibility to use in wet conditions - Resists rust, supporting long gear life, and assures good film strength even in a wet environment.
- Recommended for many open gears in industrial, mining, construction, and marine equipment, as well as chain and sprocket lubrication, or as a tenacious fifth wheel lubricant.
- Can be applied using a cartridge in a caulking gun or through a mechanical lubricator over a wide range of operating temperatures
- Contains special functional fillers (molybdenum disulfide and graphite), which impart a long-lasting film on working surfaces.